Version 0.2.8a – 27 August, 2021
This client update is compatible with 0.2.8 servers.
Due to a restructure of how the game manages its options, all options and settings have been reset.
The following files have been deprecated, and are no longer used:
New files are now generated and used instead:
Saved games, achievement progression, and command-line arguments remain intact.
Benefits from this refactor:
- All options are now readable and editable in plaintext, rather than obscured in binary format.
- Ensures only gameplay-related options are synced to the cloud; other options are stored locally.
- Paves the way for the upcoming Keyboard Co-op mode.
- Should be helpful with the upcoming Steam Input integration.
OTHER FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Apple Metal is now the default graphics API, rather than OpenGL.
- Fixed an issue where the game would not start on Macs with the M1 Apple Silicon chip.
- Fixed an issue during Couch Co-op when trying to manage a keyboard player's Weapon Shortcuts.
- Fixed a disconnection error if a remote player interacted with a door or treasure chest while the local player was still loading.
- Fixed an error that could occur after retrieving a saved game from a server.
- Improved disconnection logging.
- If Steam Cloud times out at startup, a prompt to quit the game and restart Steam is now displayed, rather than stalling.
- Fixed an audio/frame stutter issue when unhooking from Steam when exiting the game.
- Fixed an index error with the Grid layout.
- Improved handling if the Discord Rich Presence module failed to initialize.